All SuperStars have EXACTLY one position, and users cannot change positions once the game begins.
There are 8 positions total in STG Football: (4 on offense, and 4 on defense)
- Quarterback - Initiates action and handles the “snap.” He either hands the ball to the Running Back or passes the ball to a WR. He may also run with the ball.
- Running Back - Lining up either behind or beside the QB, he runs, he catches, he blocks and he’ll even throw a pass occasionally.
- Wide Receiver - Typically pass catchers. They start the play split out wide from the rest of the formation and run routes for the QB to throw to.
- Flex - STG Football's version of Tight End, this position will be a blocker or pass catcher. Typically a bit slower but powerful.
- Linebacker - Linebackers traditionally support the defensive line. Usually covers RB and Flex (Tight Ends) for passing and tackling.
- Cornerback - Spends most of their time covering Wide Receivers. They also support the run and might be asked to blitz the QB.
- Safety - Commonly considered the center fielder, and thus the last line of the defense. Safety should be fast and strong and prevent long yardage plays.
- Rusher - Related to STG Football, this position will be the player that rushes when a play is called to go after the QB. Rusher may also at times be asked to drop back into coverage for passing plays.